Friday, 20 April 2012

First tastes

We started weaning a few days ago after being unable to delay the inevitable any longer. For the last few weeks, my daughter has been transfixed by the sight of anybody eating. When we were on the ferry last week, she stuck her fist in my son's mash and beans and got livid when she wasn't allowed it. Also, I feel like Im constantly at the kettle boiling water ready for new bottles of formula so I decided not to wait until the recommended 6 months to start weaning.

So far, she has had baby rice, pear and sweet potato. Well, I say she's had these foods but she can only have consumed the most miniscule amount. When I gave her the first ever mouthful she gave me a look as if to say 'what on earth are you doing to me'. The rice was then pushed out with her tongue in the disgust. I tried a few more spoonfuls and gave up. She's had a little bit more very time I've fed her though. Pear wasn't hugely successful yesterday so I went out and bought another pear. I gave her the pear unpureed with the skin on so she could hold it herself. She loved it - so much so then when I dared to take it off her, she howled like she does when her brother takes her favourite toy. I plan to introduce a new food every 2 days so let's see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment